Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 12:04, 1 April 2021 by Magsys (Created page with "Changes in '''ICS V8.66''' include: # Added a new TIcsInetAlive component to check for IPv4 and/or IPv6 internet connectivity, using Ping and/or HTTP, defaulting to www.msftc...")
Changes in ICS V8.66 include:
- Added a new TIcsInetAlive component to check for IPv4 and/or IPv6 internet connectivity, using Ping and/or HTTP, defaulting to www.msftconnecttest.com run by Microsoft for Windows 10 alive checking. The online and offline check intervals may be set, and event fires when online state changes. Sample OverbyteIcsHttpRestTst has a demo for new component.
- OpenSSL 1.0.2 and 1.1.0 ceased security fix support over 12 months ago so ICS now only supports 1.1.1, with 3.0 support due in the next few months. This removes a lot of legacy code and functions, and several old ICS functions needed for backward compatibility. Two components only used for 1.0.2 have been removed, TSslStaticLock and TSslDynamicLock which may give an error loading forms, until they are removed. SslContext SslOptions is now ignored, use sslOptions2 instead which has more modern options. Cannot remove SslOptions because it's saved on too many DFMs. Most modern applications should not be using SslConext, but IcsHosts for servers for high level client components like TSslHttpRest.
- Undertook a major clean-up of OpenSSL functions that may require end user application changes if low level OpenSSL functions have been used, hopefully very rarely. All OpenSSL functions have been renamed to their original names removing ICS f_ prefix for commonality with other Delphi applications. Renamed literals BIO_CTRL_PENDING_, CRYPTO_NUM_LOCKS_, CRYPTO_LOCK_, OPENSSL_VERSION_ with underscore to avoid conflicts with functions of the same case sensitive names. Removed unit OverbyteIcsLibeayEx not used for a while. Most OpenSSL type pointers to Dummy array are now simple Pointer type. Changed most OpenSSL var parameters to pointers for commonality. New TSslWSocket method SslOK is TLS/SSL negotiated OK. LoadVerifyLocations no longer lets OpenSSL use default CA folder locations which is potentially a security risk.
- Bring server SSL/TLS security levels up to the latest Mozilla recommendations. In 2021 Mozilla now recommends TLSv1.3 as modern ciphers and TLSv1.2/1.3 as Intermediate supporting all browsers from last five years, so IcsHosts now use sslCiphersMozillaSrvTLS12 as Intermediate level, also Mozilla recommends no cipher server preference so changed that. Updated SslSrvSecurity levels: sslSrvSecInter, sslSrvSecInterFS and sslSrvSecHigh now all the same TLSv1.2 or 1.3, sslSrvSecTls12Less now TLSv1.2 only, sslSrvSecSsl3 not supported, only sslSrvSecBack supports TLSv1 and 1.1, sslSrvSecTls13Only unchanged TLSv1.3 only.
- Added support for YuOpenSSL which provides OpenSSL in a pre-built DCU statically linked into applications, rather than using external OpenSSL DLLs. This make application distribution more reliable since it can no fail by users deleting the DLLs or copying incompatible versions into the directory. YuOpenSSL is a commercial product from https://www.yunqa.de/ and is supplied as separate compiled DCUs for Delphi 5 to 10.4. DEFINE YuOpenSSL in Include\OverbyteIcsDefs.inc determines whether the DCU is linked or the external DLLs. Note only one version of OpenSSL can be linked with YuOpenSSL, whereas different DLLs can be supported. Apart from setting the define and adding a path to YuOpenSSL.dcu, no other application code changes are needed unless you check or report the DLL directory, when GSSLStaticLinked can be checked to see if OpenSSL is statically linked. Also worth noting that YuOpenSSL provides access to the all OpenSSL APIs, while ICS only accesses those DLL APIs needed for functionality we support.
- Added a better way of configuring Socks proxy and HTTP Tunnel proxy settings in TWSocket, similarly to that added for THttpCli in V8.62. The new ProxyURL property sets SOCKS or HTTP Tunnel proxy settings using a single URL, ie proto://[user:password@]host:port where proto is socks5 or http. Also added new methods SetSocks and SetHTTPTunnel to set proxy properties in a single call. Socks proxy and HTTP tunnelling again support host names, broken in V8.56. The sample OverbyteIcsSocksTst has been updated to demonstrate use of the new ProxyURL property and also now supports HTTP Tunnel proxy.
- TIcsRestEmail has new OAAuthType property and event for OAuth2 browser URL perhaps via email for servers. TIcsRestEmail now sets OAuth2 errors, and clears old tokens. Increased default timeout for TIcsRestEmail AOuth2 login to 120 seconds since several web page warnings may be seen while attempting to login through the web page.
- TIcsHttpMulti has a new ParseLevels property that follow links on a parsed web page to lower level pages, which are also parsed, looking for files to download with a specific file extension, ie .avi. It ignores parent links without a file extension, and external links. This allows the component to download files indexed using HTTP from CCTV camera memory cards.
- In TSslHttpRest ensure SSL is initialised for non-REST HTTP requests like GET, POST and PUT.
- In TSslWSocketServer, added better error handling when IcsHosts SslCert is blank, so SslContext is still created for automatically created self signed certificates.
- In TSslWSocketServer, TSslHttpAppSrv and TSslHttpSrv, added new onBeforeCtxInit event which if set is called once before each IcsHosts SslContext is initialised to allow the context parameters to be adjusted for special ciphers or protocols.
- In THttpCli, AddrResolvedStr is now still available after the connection closes to report the IP address used for the connection. When using an HTTPS proxy with the CONNECT command don't send host and port which some servers are unable to handle, probably broken with V8.64.
- In TIcsMailQueue, added a new method CheckOAuthLogins that should be called before the queue starts when using OAuth2 email logins, which allows interactively checking with a browser of any OAuth2 login credentials, avoids asking for login first time email sent maybe days later.
- In TSslX509Certs, When starting the local web server for file challenges, check the server IP address still exists or change to 0.0.0.0, may not work if multiple IPs exist.
- Updated to OpenSSL 1.1.1k with two high security fixes, one introduced in the last version relating to a certificate chain validation that ICS does not use, the other relating to servers using TLSv1.2 and renegotiation, and that feature is removed in V8.66.